Thursday, December 4, 2014

British School of Colombo - Day 1





The first morning of BSC’s trip was spent arriving to camp, settling in, hiking to the canyon and having lunch. In the afternoon the students went canyoning and then hiked back to camp.

Written by: Sasha.
The bus ride to The Borderlands in Kithulgala from The British School of Colombo was approximately 3 hours. We were divided in to three different buses. When we arrived in the Borderlands base camp, we had some instructions and were sorted into our tents and cabins. I was happy in the cabin I was because fortunately, I was with my 4 best friends and a few pretty good friends. I had only spent a day here, and I absolutely love it here! I had so much fun hiking through the forest and crossing the river. This day has been full of adventure! I had learnt that the activities that we did and do are risky but fun. It can be both in the same time you know! I really enjoyed my time here. I am really looking forward to tomorrow and the day after! 

Written by: Dhanika.
We arrived at Borderlands at 9:00 am. We took our luggage with us to the entrance. We then got introduced to the Borderlands staff, who guides us to our destinations. First we got changed into our action clothes and then played some nice games. Then we had an energetic hike, it included crossing rough rivers and creeks. After that we headed to our destination where we had lunch. We then played a game where leadership qualities were needed. We had our lunch, packed rice. We had another long hike to go canyoning. We had great fun. Then we had a two hour hike back to The Borderlands. We swam in the river and then got changed and got debriefed. We had dinner and then we slept. We looked forward for another adventurous day.

1 comment: