Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Borderlands Youth Adventure Camp: Day 2

Today was another great day for the kids at our Youth Adventure Camp.
Today we hear from Saira, who has a personal reason for celebrating today!

"Today we woke up at 6:30am and went out onto the river. We were learning basic rafting skills, after which we played a few balancing games on the raft, which was fun. After breakfast we started on a very long walk where we learned to helped others when they were struggling.






We finally reached Belilena Cave where we learned a lot about the history of the cave and we had a waterfall shower.


After lunch we hiked to Sandun Ella waterfall where we were going to be abseiling. We got a lot of leeches an us and some of us were scared of them so that was a bit of a problem. I came to camp three years ago but I was too scared to go and since that day I've been waiting to abseil.


When we got there I was a bit scared, but after a while Leila and I started laughing and then it was ok, but when I went to get clipped on to the rope I was terrified! Mahesh was very helpful and showed me that it was safe and if it wasn't for him and Lelia I wouldn't have gone down. I found the last bit very difficult and when I got to the bottom I was so relieved and happy that I had finally done it!

Saira and Lelia
Tarik
Misha and Sarini  



Ariana   
More again tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment